General comment about learners’ safety and privacy
Digibook provides learners with a safe, secure environment in which to engage in educational activities. Our site does not contain links to other sites, advertisements or access to any online communities or chat rooms. We request personal information (as detailed below) only for the purposes of identifying each unique user and managing their accounts.
Information we will collect from you
- At the time of registration, an individual (not linked to a school and over the age of 13) must give their consent to provide us with their name, grade (if applicable) and a valid email address.
- Parents registering on behalf of their child must give their consent to provide us with their own name, their child’s name, their child’s grade and a valid email address.
- A teacher registering his/her class must give consent to provide us with their own name, their school name, their class grade and a valid email address. In addition, the teacher must give consent to provide us with the names of their learners.
- An individual (linked to a school but registering individually, over the age of 13) must give their consent to provide us with their name, grade, school name and a valid email address.
We require this information in order to correctly identify each user as a site user and to manage their account.
What we will do with the information we collect
The information collected during the registration process is used for the following purposes:
- to set-up a unique user account
- to reset usernames and passwords when requested to do so by users
- to contact a user if there are problems with their account or usage of the site
- to inform users of any improvements, upgrades or changes to services on the site. Users may opt out of any such communication at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
Information we won’t collect from you
- payment details – MHS Skills does not have access to card or banking details used to make payments on our site. These details are processed by our payments provider Paygate. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding payment security.
- any other personal details other than those detailed above.
Anonymous information we will collect
The site may collect the following anonymous information about your visits:
- the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the internet
- the date and time you access the site
- the pages that you access while on the site, and the internet address of the web site from which you linked to our site.
This information is used to analyse usage trends to administer and improve the site.
We may also collect information about your general internet usage using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our site and deliver a more personalised service. If you wish to do so you, you can refuse to accept cookies. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
Disclosure of your information
MHS Skills will keep your personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers or any external third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- to the prospective buyer or seller of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy
- if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data
Access to information
You can exercise your right to access any information we hold about you. We will keep your information as long as you are a registered user of the site. If you cancel your licence, your personal information will be deleted.